Savory Baking: Zucchini and Feta Loaf
October 7, 2016 § Leave a comment
The end of zucchini-season is here, or at least in a utopian world where there were still seasons for all of Nature’s bounty…if you grow them in your garden, you know what I mean; if you buy them at the supermarket, then you can make this delicious loaf all year round!! Ha!
We’re big “loaf” fans here at SWEETTABLESCAPES, so these make repeated appearances at our summer table and are really great with a salad and since they’re easy to make, just go for it!! This recipe is from Cuisine et Vins de France magazine.
- 180 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 100 g feta
- 2 zucchini
- 1 small bunch mint
- 20 g pignoli nuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 g butter for the pan or cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line your pan with buttered parchment paper, unless you’re using a silicone one.
2. Rince, dry and cut mint. Cut feta into small cubes. Wash and dry zucchini, cut the news and cut into small cubes.
3. Heat 2 TBsp olive oil in a skillet and saute zucchini over high heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Break eggs into a small bowl, whisk them with remaining oil and milk. Add flour, baking powder, feta, parmesan, zucchini cubes, mint and 3/4 of the pignoli nuts, while string.
Add salt and pepper to taste and mix until smooth.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining pignoli nuts on top. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let the loaf cool a bit before removing it from the pan. Then unmold , slice and serve.