For some reason, fall brings in a yearning for caramel. With apples and popcorn, it is a standard; but have you ever had a Caramel Souffle? We just tried this quick recipe for a week-night dessert; what a treat that was!!
Brown Sugar Caramel Soufflés
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (packed) plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (scant) salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 6 large egg whites
Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in large bowl until foamy, then gradually beat in 2 tablespoons brown sugar until whites are stiff but not dry. Fold 1/3 of whites into caramel mixture in saucepan. Fold caramel mixture into whites until incorporated. Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar. Bake until soufflés are puffed and golden brown, about 11 minutes. Serve immediately with reserved caramel sauce.If you’ve ever felt slightly intimidated by souffles, this is a quick, easy and foolproof recipe to start with.
- Enjoy this delicious dessert!!