After seeing the picture of this tart in Southern Living magazine, there really was no hesitation! This would make it onto our table very soon!
Any citrus fan looking for variety and color can’t help but fall in love with this beautiful dessert. The common lemon curd becomes a grapefruit curd and the crust is made of saltines….how original and fun!
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve) We used 1 and 1/2 sleeve.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 7 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 3/4 cups fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- Deep pink food color gel
- 1/3 cup salted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Grapefruit slices, quartered
Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir together cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
Press mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable rim, pressing evenly up sides and on bottom.