Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies
May 13, 2015 § Leave a comment
SWEETTABLESCAPES bakes its share of brownies all year long but we also think Blondies can be lots of fun, especially when they have this little “je-ne-sais-quoi” that makes them different, healthy and gluten-free! So we very excitedly tried this recipe for Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies from Eatingwell.com.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup smooth or crunchy natural almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with parchment paper (or foil), allowing it to slightly overhang opposite ends. Coat with cooking spray.
- Beat butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk quinoa flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it, 25 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake. Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes. Using the parchment (or foil), lift the whole panful out and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 24 squares. Let cool completely before storing.