Even if you find out friends are stopping by in half an hour for coffee, you can still present them with a sweet little something by the time they arrive. This pan-baked tart can be whipped in less time than it takes to read this post and the fresh lemony flavor, combined with a bit of almond crunchiness is very pleasing. So, just in time for the week-end here is the “minimalist” recipe from the New-York Times. Perfect for the no-fuss baker! and for SWEETTABLESCAPES too!!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, more for garnish
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt, ground almonds, cream, sliced almonds, lemon zest and juice.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch ovenproof skillet over low heat; when foam has subsided, add almond mixture to pan, tilting pan to distribute batter evenly. Continue to cook tart on stovetop until edges just begin to set, then put pan in oven and finish cooking, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- When tart is done, put it in broiler for about a minute or until just golden on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and sliced almonds. Serve.
- 4 servings