In need of a large cake but not willing to slave in the kitchen for hours ? This delicious bundt cake was the star of a recent dinner-by-the-pool. SWEETTABLESCAPES has officially put this recipe from “Bon Appetit” magazine (July 2008) in the “Favorites” file. And you will too. With a subtle almond flavor infusing a firm cake, with the sweet burst of raspberries sprinkled into the batter, this is truly a crowd-pleasing and easy-to-make dessert.
For this perfect Raspberry-Yogurt Cake,
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (two 6-ounce containers)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (or more) water
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 12-cup Bundt pan. Whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl.