On a beautiful week-end when summer is definitely showing the tip of its nose and any respectable get-together by the pool requires a refreshing dessert, you need an easy, make-in-advance, fruit-is-included dessert! .
These Lemon Cheesecake squares fit the bill and to make matters ideal, they can be prepared the day before. ALWAYS a plus in SWEETTABLESCAPES‘ book!!
The recipe comes from Bon Appetit, July 2009 issue.
Lemon Cheesecake Squares with Fresh Berries
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fold 16-inch-long piece of foil to 8×16-inch strip; place in 8x8x2-inch metal baking pan, leaving overhang on 2 sides. Repeat with another sheet of foil in opposite direction, lining pan completely. Butter foil.
- Place graham crackers in heavy-duty plastic bag. Using rolling pin or mallet, crush crackers finely. (We used our mixer) Melt butter in medium skillet over low heat. Remove from heat; add crumbs and toss to coat. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust until deep golden, about 12 minutes. Cool crust while preparing filling.