So today, I woke up to a happy surprise…I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Nell of Ineedafeed. How very sweet of you Nell! Like all the foodies out there, I know that cooking and baking makes for some very enticing posts and pictures. At SWEETTABLESCAPES, we constantly find inspiration on many blogs. How many hours have we spent lost in the endless supply of gorgeous pictures, creative recipes and beautiful decorated cookies and cakes? More than we should….?No way !! Bloggers unite and keep sharing your ideas and creations, we are all the richer for it!
So here is how it’s played:
I am going to answer the questions Nell sent to me (and her other selected bloggers) and then I will give you my list of nominees and my list of questions…But first, the rules:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Now, here are the questions Nell sent my way and my personal answers:
- Cats or dogs? Dogs.
- What was your favourite subject at school? French and English (let me clarify however that French is my first language. I moved to the Sates when I was 27…a long time ago….!LOL). English was my second love and major in college.
- What is your least favourite chore? Folding laundry! Hate it!
- If you could have anything in your garden, plant, sculpture, etc, what would it be? A gazebo to host beautiful al fresco lunches, dinners and everything in between.
- Do you prefer to fly, or would you prefer to take a cruise? As much as air travel has become obnoxious, I still love to travel and a plane is often the quickest and most convenient way to do it. Especially when I want to see my family, back in France.
- What sort of food did you start cooking first? Was it savoury food, or sweets? I never touched a pan or cookie sheet for that matter, until I met the man who would become my husband. I guess I started with savoury foods but I still remember the epic failure that was my first batch of chocolate chip cookies!
- If you were a style of dance (e.g tango, waltz, etc), what would you be, and why? Argentinian tango. My dad is an accordionist but also plays the bandoneon brilliantly and I grew up listening to Astor Piazzola’s awesome music.
- Do you listen to podcasts, or any particular radio shows at all? And if so, what ones? Not much of a podcast person or radio for that matter. I do listen to Z100 when taking my kids to school in the morning!
- What are some of your favourite books? Hands down: Le Petit Prince, (The Little Prince) a French classic which still moves me more than I can say. I also love every book written by Stephen King!!
- If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? A long time ago, I wanted to be a flight attendant. Now I would love to be an interior designer or event planner!
Now that I did my homework, here is my list of nominees, all of whom are fantastic and creative bakers. Once I start reading their posts and looking at their work, I just drool helplessly ….
Please take a moment to go check them out; you won’t regret it!
Disclaimer: If you gain 3 pounds just looking at the pictures, we must decline any responsibility! Happy drooling!!
Now my questions to these wonderful bakers:
1. Do you cook as well as you bake?
2. What technique have you learned that you’re the most proud of ?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. What is your other talent, apart from baking?
5. Which is your most memorable movie scene?
6. How many pounds of flour or sugar do you use in a year?
7. Do you speak another language?
8. Do you like the mountain or the beach ?
9. Yoga or Pilates?
10. Last but not least: which is your favorite dessert?