Hazelnut and Almond Cookies
May 5, 2014 § Leave a comment
We have a serious weakness for nutty cookies here at SWEETTABLESCAPES and we always count our blessings when baking them because no one in the family has nut allergies. So we enjoy, indulge and go nuts over these crunchy treats!
These Nutty Crunch Cookies (from Bon Appetit, March 2014) are easy to make, don’t require chilling time and thus can be whipped up at the last minute.
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts (we didn”t have blanched hazelnuts, so we simply toasted regular ones and skinned them)
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted almonds
- ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350°. Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are golden brown, 15–18 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to wire racks and let cookies cool completely.
DO AHEAD: Cookies can be baked 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.