Trail Mix Cookies
February 6, 2013 § Leave a comment
We continue our sweet testing of Bon Appetit Cookie recipes with these delicious
Trail Mix Freezer Cookies
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups trail mix, coarsely chopped
Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix first 6 ingredients in bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until mixture is fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in oats and coconut. Stir in trail mix.
Using 2-inch-diameter ice cream scoop, drop dough onto sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. DO AHEAD For ready-to-bake dough, freeze dough on sheets until firm. Transfer frozen dough to resealable plastic bags; keep frozen until ready to bake.
Preheat oven to 350°F. For freshly made cookie dough, bake until cookies are golden brown, about 13 minutes. (For frozen dough, arrange frozen cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets; bake until golden brown, about 16 minutes.) Transfer to racks to cool.