Honey, Lemon and Thyme Loaf: another Rosh Hashanah idea
September 18, 2012 § Leave a comment
SWEETTABLESCAPES has been dusting off all recipes containing honey for the Jewish New Year and this one is a delicious, fragrant and perfect- for- the -end- of- summer dessert.
1 3/4 cups flour
5 TBsp butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
8 1/2 liquid oz best quality honey
2 TBsp poppy seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
a small handful fresh thyme
– Preheat oven to 350F and line loaf pan with buttered (or sprayed) parchment paper
– Wash, dry and zest lemons. Juice them and reserve.
– Melt butter on low heat. Chop thyme fineley
– Beat eggs with sugar and honey. When the mixture becomes frothy, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice , poppy seeds and thyme. Mix until smooth.
– Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean.
– Remove cake from pan and let coll on a rack before eating.