Dessert with a tropical vibe: Banana Cupcakes!
July 17, 2012 § Leave a comment
Prep Time: 28 Minutes
Bake: 20 Minutes
Cool: 20 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour, 8 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup toasted macadamia nuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained $
- 2 large bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2/3 cup large coconut flakes, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Whisk eggs with butter and orange zest in a separate large bowl. Stir in pineapple and bananas. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until well blended.
- 3. Pour batter evenly into prepared cups. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes, and then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting over cupcakes. Sprinkle evenly with coconut flakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla; stir well. If frosting is too thick to spread, thin with milk, adding 1 teaspoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.